Fiordland, New Zeland
One of New Zealand’s most breathtaking landscapes, Fiordland captivates discerning visitors from all over the globe. A prestigious World Heritage Area in New Zealand’s South Island, and among the world’s largest national parks, Fiordland rivals the most spectacular landscapes on earth. Deep fiords created by ocean-flooded valleys, rugged mountains plunging steeply to the waters below, raging waterfalls and dense native rainforests dominate this vast dramatic region, a wilderness lost in time.
Fiordland National Park’s world-renowned Milford, Routeburn, Hollyford and Kepler Tracks weave their way through densely tangled native forests, over mountain ranges carved by glaciers and past majestic fiords and waterfalls with eyecatching scenery at every turn. You can walk with a guide or head out alone, and spend anywhere from a day up to several days hiking.
Both Lakes Manapouri and Te Anau are idyllic spots to fish, cruise or sail. Lake Manapouri will enchant you with the haunting green beauty of its deep waters, scattered with mysterious wooded islands and fringed by native beech forest. Spend the day fishing for rainbow or brown trout, or try your hand at eel-catching in the calm waters.
Diving and kayaking in the many sounds is fantastic. Milford Sound and its dramatic Mitre Peak are unmissable. There is also an underwater observatory there, enabling deepwater discovery without getting your feet wet! Others to explore include Doubtful, Dusky and Breaksea Sounds. The sounds are teeming with New Zealand wildlife, from fur seals, bottlenose and dusky dolphins, to Fiordland Crested penguins, one of the world’s rarest species. Fiordland remains a stronghold for several endangered species of birds as well as hosting other native birds.
There are so many ways to explore the region – whether by boat or kayak, mountaineering, walking track or scenic plane flight. Fiordland’s haunting beauty offers a rare escape from civilisation.
Charter the MY Harrier
- The beautiful and luxuriously appointed MY Harrier is a 65 foot (just over 20 metre) vessel
- Designed by Sparkman and Stephens and built in Kauri and Teak by a highly regarded New Zealand ship yard, she has fine sea keeping ability
- Based in New Zealand, the Harrier offers wonderful opportunities to explore New Zealand’s sparkling coastal waters
- Her dedicated crew has extensive knowledge of their home terrain and will put together your ideal itinerary
- The Harrier can also cruise in other South Pacific destinations
- Three dining areas, for formal or relaxed dining
- Smart nautical themed interior in blue and white mixed with attractive wood surfaces
- Comfortable indoor and outdoor flow, a great set up for entertaining and socializing
- Sleeping for up to six in two private staterooms with wide berths
On holiday aboard the MY Harrier you can enjoy:
- The stunning and varied scenery of New Zealand
- Safe and comfortable traveling with style and convenience Chef cooked cuisine and local gastronomic pleasures Catching your own fresh fish for dinner
- Getting into water sports or swimming off the boat Relaxing on the deck with a drink in hand
- Getting to know friendly local people
- Exploring islands, beaches, cities or towns ashore
- Your choice of active fun and entertainment or quiet spots and peaceful moments